How to Make Your Own Toxin Free Soft Scrub
Before I started kicking toxins out of my life, one of my favorite cleaners was SoftScrub. There was just something so appealing about the texture-you just knew it was going to do an amazing job when you really needed a strong clean.
Abrasive cleaners are used to really do the dirty work! They function to get the really stuck on stuff un-stuck, and they also clean toilets. Even though this is dirty work , it does not mean that the cleaner itself has to be a bad guy. You can make your own abrasive cleaner using abrasive materials like eggshells or baking soda. Easy, non-toxic, and very cost-effective. Don’t forget to get a good scouring pad too!
In my research, I learned that scrubbing cleaners like SoftScrub contain ingredients like formaldehyde, benzene and chloroform that can cause a whole host of things like cancer, asthma and reproductive disorders. No thanks.
I decided to make my own SoftScrub-like mixture because I really missed the super deep clean I would get when I used it. I used a mixture of baking soda, castile soap, vinegar, and Thieves Household Cleaner Concentrate-ingredients which I already love and use. Even I was impressed!
Take a look at my (shamefully filthy!!) sink drain before (this is embarrassing!):
I put some of the paste on, let it sit (no scrubbing!) for 10 minutes, then just rinsed it off with a sponge-I didn't know it could look so shiny!
Make your own DIY SoftScrub by using the below recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups baking soda
- 6 Tablespoons Thieves Household Cleaner Concentrate
- 1/2 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 25 drops Lemon or Citrus Fresh essential oil
In a bowl, mix together the Thieves Concentrate, vinegar, and essential oil. Slowly incorporate the baking soda until a paste forms. Store in a glass jar.
New to Essential Oils?
- Find out why you absolutely need essential oils in your life by listening to this quick 20 minute audio (hint-it can sometimes literally be a matter of life and death for you or your family!
- Request your free essential oil samples!
- Find out how to buy essential oils at discounted wholesale pricing, which is 24% off regular retail prices, plus how to get some awesome freebies from me!