How to make your own nontoxic glass cleaner
"I can't believe there is so much slobber all over the windows again!" I thought, as I sprayed and scrubbed one more time. I coughed as I inhaled some of the Windex I was using and thought "there has to be a better way."
I've gone through my fair share of glass cleaner, thanks to my wonderful dogs, and I can't count the number of times I've had to hold my breath or step away when spraying it because I would cough and get a tingling feeling in my chest when breathing it in.
This makes sense, given the number of crazy toxic chemicals that are in various brands of glass cleaner. Ammonia (causes violent coughing, lung irritation, and even death if exposure is too long and higher), Isobutane (can cause frostbite if the liquid evaporates rapidly, as well as respiratory failure), and Ethanol/SD Alcohol 40 (causes irritation of eyes and respiratory tract) are just a few of the scary things we are exposed to when cleaning our windows with store-bought cleaners.
There is definitely a better way-make your own with non-toxic ingredients!
This DIY glass cleaner has no ingredients you can't pronounce, and won't irritate your eyes, throat, or lungs during use. I recommend using old newspapers to clean the windows...they'll leave that streak-free shine everyone wants!
DIY Non-toxic Glass Cleaner
Looking for more ways to remove toxins from your home? Download my free 30 Days to a Natural Home ebook (and get access to my entire free resource library!) by entering your email below!