Essential Oil Spotlight: Thieves Essential Oil
One of the first essential oils most people are exposed to when they start doing some digging is Thieves essential oil, and for good reason-this stuff is amazing!
Thieves is based on the legend of four 15th century French thieves who, during the plague, were said to have robbed the dead and dying while using a special aromatic combination of herbs and plants to protect them. As the story goes, they were kept safe from the sickness by using these plants and herbs, and were able to loot the bodies of the plague victims without becoming ill. Once they were caught, they were said to have bargained for leniency by offering up their special recipe.
The most commonly agreed upon botanicals in that recipe are clove, lemon, rosemary, and eucalyptus. Gary Young, the founder of Young Living, formulated the Thieves essential oil blend around these plants, and it is one of the most popular products in the entire company.
Usage Suggestions for Thieves
- Refresh musty carpets by adding 5 drops of Thieves to a cup of baking soda; combine well and let sit overnight until the oil is absorbed. Sprinkle over carpets and vacuum thoroughly
- Diffuse 6–8 drops of Thieves to help create an environment of peace and security.
- Put in a few drops of Thieves essential oil blend in your dishwater or dishwasher to thoroughly clean dishes and eliminate odor
- Roll on to the bottoms of feet to support a healthy immune system all year long
- Create a night time chest rub to support respiratory health
New to essential oils?
- Find out why you absolutely need essential oils in your life by listening to this quick 20 minute audio (hint-it can sometimes literally be a matter of life and death for you or your family!
- Request your free essential oil samples!
- Find out how to buy essential oils at discounted wholesale pricing, which is 24% off regular retail prices, plus how to get some awesome freebies from me!